My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Photographer, Reality Star, Model and Advocate, Our Interview with Velvet D’Amour

She came into our homes in black, sheer, lingerie when she made headlines as the plus size model who took the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier in 2006. Since then, Velvet D’Amour has been busy with her photography, a reality show and being an advocate for size acceptance. Velvet became an Icon to a generation of women who did not have anyone to speak on their behalf. This position has not always been an easy one, but even through challenges, she has graciously taken a stand for the women she represents.
Maddy: How long have you been in the industry?
Velvet: I began shooting plus size models back in 1990.
Maddy: What was your first big break?


Velvet: My first big break was modeling for John Galliano’s runway show in Paris, and the associated French VOGUE editorial by Nick Knight, (which some of the runway models were cast to participate in).
You can see some cool videos associated with the project on SHOW STUDIO
Maddy: What are you most known for?
Velvet: A generous helping of hips, and a vivacious attitude  ;o)
I’m best known for being the most screamingly voluptuous, (and one of the eldest!) models to hit the runway in Paris. After modeling for John Galliano, I took the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier during his 30 year retrospective.  John Galliano contacted me again for another of his shows, but I was at the Tribeca film festival for AVIDA, the French film I had the leading role in.
Happily, a lot of people are now familiar with my photography work as well, www.Velvetography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment